This is an analysis of the poem Wide Spread Is Today's Madness that begins with:
How wide spread is today's madness?
Listen to those now defending this illness, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaabcdadabc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100110 10011010010 11 111010001 110101101 1110100 110101010100011 010101001001 0011010101 0101011 01001010000101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 403
- Average number of words per stanza: 64
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Wide Spread Is Today's Madness;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.