This is an analysis of the poem Why We Request Him Arrested that begins with:
And with a reaching......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabXcdbdccb eaXb ddXfgXf X hgd HX ieXXaXii HX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,4,7,1,3,2,8,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 10010 01 01111 11101 001 01011 001101 0001111 11101 100111011 110100 100111010 10101000110 1110101 1110100111 100 111 11101010 01011011 011 11010100110 10110110101 10 111010001 01111100 11110 10010 11 010 101111 1 111010 101 01010111010 1110001 11110 10010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 116
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Why We Request Him Arrested;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Truth Is Making Its Presence Felt
- Analysis of Having A Taste For Hints
- Analysis of Is That A Question Or A Statement