This is an analysis of the poem Why Do We Analyze The 'Why' that begins with:
You don't, hear it.
You don't, feel it....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaB BaBaBbb CDDE EDXf CDDEeEDXf CDDEX EDX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,7,4,4,9,5,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110 1110 11110 111 111 1110 111 1110 111 1101101 1 111101 01011101 01010101 10111101 111101 10111101 111110101 1 111101 01011101 01010101 10111101 1 111101 10111101 111110101 1 111101 01011101 01010101 10111101 111110101 111101 10111101 111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 117
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, it, to, why, we are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words you, like, why are repeated.
The author used the same word why at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase why connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Why Do We Analyze The 'Why';
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.