This is an analysis of the poem Who Has Ownership Of It that begins with:
You leave me to question,
Whether it is sex or love....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccdce ccfgX acaefbfcgeeXdbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,5,15,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010 1000111 100 1110101 101110101 01110 0101010 11101 101111 101110 11100111 11101110 11 01011 1110 11001101 101 111101 10010011 0101010 101 1110101 1 10010111 011 1101011 011110100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 221
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Who Has Ownership Of It;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.