This is an analysis of the poem Whether It Is Liked Or Not that begins with:
People can't do anything,
Without some change....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCDceXff cGhGhGgG gegCCiGXABCDcCCiG
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011101 0111 11011101 01000101 1 010001011 001010101 1000011 0111 10101000111 111010101 10101010101 111010101 0100110110001 111010101 1010100010001 111010101 110101011011 01 111 110101011 1101100111 0 110101011011101 1011101 0111 11011101 01000101 1 110101011 1101100111 0 110101011011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 266
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word zone at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Whether It Is Liked Or Not;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of To Have Pursued And Accomplished
- Analysis of No Reason For Them To Be Upset
- Analysis of Suddenly With Intention