This is an analysis of the poem When They Choose To Do This that begins with:
When one opens one's mouth to lie,
They show a disrespect....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabb XbaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101101 110101 1111010 101011 111100 101111 101 101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 105
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When They Choose To Do This;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of One Who Believes Achieves A Doing
- Analysis of Remember Struggles From The Bottom
- Analysis of Mixed Doubles