This is an analysis of the poem When That Spring Has Sprung To Begin that begins with:
We seem to reminisce,
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXXcX XcXXXXX addb X X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,7,4,1,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101 001010 1111 11 1101000 1010011 101001111 100110010 0110111 110010100 010111001 0010101010 00100110011 110001 1001101 111010010 110111001 1111110011 1111101110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 120
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When That Spring Has Sprung To Begin;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.