This is an analysis of the poem When Summer Comes To Visit that begins with:
There is no mistaking it,
When a heat stirs in the mix....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AXbca decae Aad XXa dadXXABeABeABed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,3,3,15,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010100 1011001 0010111 1101 001100 111010 01100101 1111001010 010101 00011101 1010100 010111101 00101010 11101 00101010 101110101 11001110 110000 1010 1110111 1101010 1111 1 1101010 1111 1 1101010 1111 11 010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The author used the same word when at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When Summer Comes To Visit;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Duplicitous In Needs
- Analysis of Sing To Me Your Love Songs
- Analysis of On A Sabbatical And Healing