This is an analysis of the poem When Oneself Is Known that begins with:
In the finding of self,
It matters not where or when it is done....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abacb acdbd Xeeca cfbfe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 001001 0101111001 0010011 11001011 111 1001001 010010 0111110 110010010101 101111111 11011101000 00101010 10011001 100100111 1010100111 1110101 11111 1111001 11011000100 01011111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, that are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When Oneself Is Known;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Kept Beliefs Discovered To Smother
- Analysis of Too Cheap And Cheesy
- Analysis of With An Adventuring To Do To Explore More