This is an analysis of the poem When One Leaves Love that begins with:
When one leaves love,
Left behind to take it for granted......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbcdccd befbcegcc hhXbX eAXa XAcb hgiX gXfiaXX X cXceebX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,5,4,4,4,7,1,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111 101010110 11010101 101101 1101001 11101 101010100 1011 10110101 1000101101 0010010111 110111010 00101101101 1010101 11101001011 001101010 1011110011 10100010010101 1011 111 1110111101 110101 10110101011 1 110100 1110010 011111100 1 110100 10100010 10100011100100 1100011110111 110001 110001111010100 110011011001 11000010010110 01100111 011001101 1101011110 101101101 101001010000 1011111101 1111001011001 1101010100100 1111110 00101100 10111010 1011101 1010111101 0010100010
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 190
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, you, let's, be are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word let's is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When One Leaves Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.