This is an analysis of the poem When It Benefits To Pay Attention that begins with:
I can quickly forgive and understand a child,
Who takes an escapade with a making a mistake......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXXabca XXcbbccaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 111001110101 1111010010001 1101 10100011000 100010010101 010011101 0101101 00100001010 110011100100001 110 0010010101010011 1110011010001010 101010010110001 100001110010001101 0100101001 10110110111 11011100101 010101001010011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 393
- Average number of words per stanza: 67
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, over, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When It Benefits To Pay Attention;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of The Proof Is In The Pudding
- Analysis of Where Lieutenants Of Apartheid Train
- Analysis of When You Last Visited