This is an analysis of the poem When I Needed Your Comfort that begins with:
Where were you,
When I needed your comfort? ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AB X AC X cX bXX C X D X X X E X AB X AC X C X D X X X E X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,1,2,1,2,3,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101 1110110 11111010 1101 111011 11010000100 1101 11101000101 10001111 1001110101 1100111011 1010111 1110100 1010100 1110100 10101 1110100 1010010 1110100 101 1110110 1110100 1101 111011 1110100 1010111 1110100 1010100 1110100 10101 1110100 1010010 1110100
- Amount of stanzas: 26
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 36
- Average number of words per stanza: 7
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, that, you, believe are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When I Needed Your Comfort;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of With A Giving Of Belief
- Analysis of Truth Known But Concealed
- Analysis of Expression To Address