This is an analysis of the poem When Greed Is The Issue that begins with:
There is one thing he needs not try any longer, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXa bXXbX cXccdcb ccXdcXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,7,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 101111111010 00110111 10100101011 1100100100111 1011110100 110100101 110110100100 10101 1101001101 10011010 100101001 10101001 1000100101011 111010 111101 101011 0110100 110110111 101011110010 001010010 10110011 0100110010 0010011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 206
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When Greed Is The Issue;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Quick
- Analysis of Seeking Attention Of That Kind Has Been Fed
- Analysis of Not Committing To That Kind Of Comfort