This is an analysis of the poem When Greed Decreases And Greasy Fingers Dry that begins with:
And those sitting on fences, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABC XXXdbaXXABCbcadcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,17,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010 1110110 1110 100100101 100100010 01101 11101 1001001001 101010 11101010 1010 1110110 1110 110011010 1101010101 0111101001010 010001001011010 1110001010101 01
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 197
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When Greed Decreases And Greasy Fingers Dry;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.