This is an analysis of the poem When A Real Rose Is Presented that begins with:
Here we live in these times to face,
When it makes absolutely no sense......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXaXb XbccXXXCbaaCb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11101101 101101011 01100001 1101010001 0100011100 110011010 110111001 0010101101 01001010101 0101 101001010010 010111001 1010111101 10100100010 111 1100010010101 1010111101 11110110010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 228
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When A Real Rose Is Presented;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of As If They Had Sacrificed
- Analysis of Flaunting An Expressed Incompetence
- Analysis of Keep Your Senses Blessed To Address