This is an analysis of the poem What Began As Folly that begins with:
Even truth can not end their dementia.
Intoxicated needs to have a fix to ease pain, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCdEFgH idib eeej jjXiekk gfgXfgX XlgfgjX mm ABChXEFgHlf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,4,7,7,7,2,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10111110100 0101010101011 100110001 00 1010111 1110111 10111110101 010101010 10110111 01011 01 010011010101 11001 11001110 101010 011101 100100101001 0101010 0100101101 0101010011 011 111001 101101110 00100010 01011100 11001110010101 1101101011010 1010101 1100 100100 1111101 001011110 1010111 101110010101 100110110001 01010111 11011101 1101111011 0100101001 10111110100 0101010101011 100110001 01010 1010111 1110111 0111110101 010101010 1101110 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 184
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word we is repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of What Began As Folly;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.