This is an analysis of the poem We Can Only Be Proud Together that begins with:
I am proud to be selected,
To be your leader....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbcddXdaaeffcbe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100010 00110 110 11010011010 1001 11011 11100010 0111100 1111101 011001001 1101010110 111 1111010111 11 111001010 1100111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 432
- Average number of words per stanza: 82
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of We Can Only Be Proud Together;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Voices Growing And Getting Closer
- Analysis of Lost Within The Loop
- Analysis of Aggressing Their Way Into Total Isolation