This is an analysis of the poem Waveheads that begins with:
These radio talkshow 'waveheads'
Do the best they can to stir up controvesy...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXabaXaXXXccXdXbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110110100 101110111000 001010 111110011 1111 111001010101 1110100 0010111 100010010 101111010001 1001010010 1110011101 0100001 01010101 11010110 111111001010 1001010011001 10011010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 647
- Average number of words per stanza: 110
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Waveheads;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.