This is an analysis of the poem Volunteering+reciprocation=(Not) Obligation that begins with:
If you are volunteering your services,
That is exactly what that means....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaX aXX XbbXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110101100 10010111 11001100101 0111010001001010 1110111010 1111011100011 10111000010000 10110111010 111010010010 0111000 100000000011010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 154
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Volunteering+reciprocation=(Not) Obligation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.