This is an analysis of the poem Voices Growing And Getting Closer that begins with:
Those today who speak selfishly,
About their issues......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXa bbabba aaXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,6,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10111100 01110 1100101010 11111 111 101010011 1110010 111001 0100010 1101110110 11010 1100010 101011010 01000100100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Voices Growing And Getting Closer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Lost Within The Loop
- Analysis of Aggressing Their Way Into Total Isolation
- Analysis of Flashbacks