This is an analysis of the poem Victims Of Judgements Passed that begins with:
Many children are encouraged to be deluded,
With a gaining to keep a self importance felt......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abac cacX deaabdbaXbdabec
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,15,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101000010 001001010101 111010100000100 101001010010 10010110110 10110010101 00110001100 00101101101 1101001001010 01101110011 11 0101110010 001 10101111 100011111101 101010101 1 10101 111001001001 1110100101 00101010 1110100000101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 217
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Victims Of Judgements Passed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of I Peep Through Windows And Read Lips
- Analysis of Beasts Admired
- Analysis of I'M Not Quite Feeling That One, Today