This is an analysis of the poem Victimized By Their Own Thought Process that begins with:
It is hard for them to confess...
That have digressed into a darkness....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXa bccaXc abbb ababXacXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00110001 110100010 0010010001 111010001 11101 010110100 110011101010 10111111 01011 01110010 00110010111 01101001101 0010101111 1010110100101 100111111 110100111 10101110100 1011001 1111110010 0101110 1110110 111110010 101110111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 219
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Victimized By Their Own Thought Process;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of There Is Still Some Time Left Before The Dawn!
- Analysis of This Is An Inside Job
- Analysis of Where They Meet For Drinks