This is an analysis of the poem Verse Applied that begins with:
In a wish you'll see my meaning....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABacD ABeXa eFeGFX EFeGFX ABeE ABcD eFeGFX EFeGFXAEE AAEEeXAEe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,6,6,4,4,6,9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101 00111110 1011 01 10100 101 00111110 0010001 0 1001 1 011 1 11 0001 1000 11 011 1 11 0001 1000 101 00111110 11101 1110101 101 00111110 101101 10100 1 011 1 11 0001 1000 11 011 1 11 0001 1000 101 11001 1110101 101 101 11001 1110101 1111 101 11001 101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 85
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 53
- Average number of symbols per line: 15 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Verse Applied;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Just Too Brand New To Do A Stoop
- Analysis of Run, The Hider Does
- Analysis of A Broke Nut Who Managed To Make A Name