This is an analysis of the poem Usher Them Away that begins with:
Take all of our troubles off the ground, Lord.
Take all of our troubles off the ground....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AaAXbb AcAcXded ffffXAde
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101101011 110110101 1101101011 111101 0101100101 11111010101 11100111 1110011 11100111 1101111011 101010111001 110110001 01111 1111001 1110111101 10101011011 01000100111 100110111101 1101101011 11101001 00101111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 221
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; take, all, troubles, of, our, off, ground, from, that, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word take is repeated.
The author used the same word take at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Usher Them Away;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.