This is an analysis of the poem Unrocked By A Sweet And Boldened Glow that begins with:
If all my needs were multipled,
I'd still find a reason, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XABXC DECdX fbXd B GEHFE DEC fABXC B GEHFEbGE HFE ee GEHB GEbHB GBHEB GEH XhXG
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,4,1,5,3,5,1,8,3,2,4,5,5,3,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110100 111010 010010100 110100 1101 1010101 1010100 1111 00111101 101111101 010111111 001000100 1010111 110000101 100 10010111001 11010 1001011101 11010 11001 1010101 1010100 1111 01110101 111010 010010100 110100 1101 100 10010111001 11010 1001011101 11010 11001 1 10010111001 11010 1001011101 11010 11001 11010 11010 10010111001 11010 1001011101 100 10010111001 11010 1100 1001011101 100 10010111001 100 1001011101 11010 100 10010111001 11010 1001011101 10001 11011 10010111001
- Amount of stanzas: 17
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 95
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 62
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, more, and, it are repeated.
The author used the same word unrocked at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines it is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word this at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Unrocked By A Sweet And Boldened Glow;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.