This is an analysis of the poem Unfortunate that begins with:
The reality seen....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdaaXXefafX aXfgXXhgh hbXfdhahdcde
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,9,12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100 001001 1010010 000100101 1010 10101 11010 010101 11010101 101010 10100100 10010110 110110110 0100 00100 10010100 010001 11001101 01100000000 00111010 01 100100 1001110100 001 111000101 1010 110101 1101100 00011100 101000 1001010 11101000 10010 101001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 288
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Unfortunate;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Life Is A Series Of Exhibits
- Analysis of To Self Inflict It
- Analysis of I Return What I Get