This is an analysis of the poem Truths Dismissed that begins with:
Like a change to redo, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XABCBDCEc XXfcX Xcgbe egXgXcX XABCBDCEc FCGBGCXFCGBGC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,5,5,7,9,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100000 101001 1011000100 110001 11010100 01010 1000001 01010011 01 10100000 11010101 110010 10101110 001000100 1000010010101 101101 01000100 0101010 110101 11001 11010101101 0110010010 01110100 1001110101 1010100 110011101 10100000 101001 1011000100 110001 11010100 01010 1000001 01010011 01 100110100 0101 110010110 1010010 1110101 111100110001 100110100 0101 110010110 1010010 1110101 111100110001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 203
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The author used the same words chasing, goodluck at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word exist at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Truths Dismissed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.