This is an analysis of the poem Tricks And Traitors that begins with:
They perceive their self defeating outlooks,
As being envied....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXXXXbaXcXbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011101011 11010 101110 00100 0010110100 11010 0111101 111110111 111111 01111100 101011001 1111110101 11110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 421
- Average number of words per stanza: 70
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their, as are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Tricks And Traitors;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.