This is an analysis of the poem Treated As If They Are Losers that begins with:
Those who learn and return,
With an outreaching sought to teach......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbbab ccX XXdd bdeece
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,3,4,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101 01100101 11100 100100101 0011010 10111 10110101110 10101001010 01010 11110 111001001 1110001 010110101010001 010010101 0011010 001010110101011 1111010111 1010110 110110111100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 172
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, in, those are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Treated As If They Are Losers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.