This is an analysis of the poem Too Giving To My Neighbor that begins with:
I hear folks saying it.
To know their words are true....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCDXd DEED FGHgCIAX ABCD cIAaFGHX AjhgdgXj DEEDCIAX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,4,8,4,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111100 011111 1011011 010101 100101 01011101 110101111 110101 11010101 11111 1100110 011101 110010101110 11101 01100001 1100001 01100001011 10111 111100 011111 1011011 010101 11100001 1100001 01100001011 10111 1100110 011101 110010101110 111010 111100 1011001 1100110100 01010001 01110110 11100110 1110110 111001 110101111 110101 11010101 11111 01100001 1100001 01100001011 10111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 187
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 46
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i've is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Too Giving To My Neighbor;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.