This is an analysis of the poem To The Edge that begins with:
To the edge.
That's the only place to take it....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbbXXccbXd AcAXXX Aeee AbAdb XXabacXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,6,4,5,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 001 10101010 00101001 1010100 10111110 011001 011011 10101 00101010 1001001 001 111101 001 1110 0011100 0110 001 11011001 1100110100 110101011100 001 1010111 001 10110001 0111101 11111011 1 11111001 10111110 1111 1010101 10111 0101111101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 177
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word to is repeated.
The author used the same word to at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of To The Edge;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.