This is an analysis of the poem To Promote A Provoking that begins with:
What sense does the expense of it make,
To claim traps are set 'and' placed......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaaXbb XaXaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 111001001 0111111 0100010001 111001001 0101001101 101101001001 1011101100 001000110001 11000010101100 0010100101001 11110100010010 00110101101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 268
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Promote A Provoking;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.