This is an analysis of the poem To Have A Tainted Taste that begins with:
Crushed to dust are those rose colored glasses.
Worn to adorn highlighted ideals once valued, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbcc bdaba babeb XedXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011111010 100111001110 1110 010011110001 00100010001011 1101010 1110001 01010101 010001 01010101010101 1010001110101 111101 001011011100010 1001000100101010 100101010011101 101 0010010100100010 10101010100001 1011101 101001000110101001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 207
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of To Have A Tainted Taste;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.