This is an analysis of the poem Those Who Value The Emptiness Of 'Things' that begins with:
They were raised with beliefs,
They should compete....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccd adXe Xffc bfcXXb cadcd fdedfacX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,4,6,5,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101001 1101 10110 10101100 11001 110100 110100 1101100 110010 110011 10111 111011 0010110010 1010100 11001001 010101 110010001 1001011 100001 01001 110100010 010100101 11011011 10101101 1101 111010 10110 10010010 0101001010 0101001 10010 001011000
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 147
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; not, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word they is repeated.
The author used the same word they at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Those Who Value The Emptiness Of 'Things';
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.