This is an analysis of the poem This Was Allowed To Happen that begins with:
Who today can say,
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABAAC XcddXXeXdXeXABAAC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,17,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111 1101000 10111001101 1101 10101010 10101001 1100110 1101 1001000101 101110010001 111101 0110111110101 101010011010010001 10001011001 0110110101 10100100111110 10111 1101000 10111001101 1101 10101010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 241
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of This Was Allowed To Happen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.