This is an analysis of the poem This Makes Me Hot that begins with:
When we are together,
And our eyes focus......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCD eXffXD dbXXXgD bgdagD ABCD bdbbdbbbedXfdbdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,7,6,4,17,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010 11110 10111 0111 11111 101011 11111 110011 1110101 0111 10100001 0110001001 11011 111 0111 1 0111 1111011 011011 111001101010 0101001010 1111101 0111 111010 11110 10111 0111 00100010100 001011001 1010100 1111 1111111 10 101 011011111 0111 01111100 010001111 101 01001101 111111 11001 10101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 152
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The author used the same word when at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word hot at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of This Makes Me Hot;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.