This is an analysis of the poem They Are Afraid They Will Not Be Fed that begins with:
Why argue with those who oppose reality?
Addicted they are to drippings, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbX bcdeXeX bc cXfa cefd ddbcXce
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,7,2,4,4,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110011010100 01011010 001010 10101 1001001111 0110110010100 1111101 101000111010 11111000 1110010010100 1011010010000100 11101111 001010 11001010 10111001 10011110 0110100 1110100100 001011101 110111011110 1011111101 110110101 010 10110001 01010101101 101000 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 136
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of They Are Afraid They Will Not Be Fed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.