This is an analysis of the poem These Sentiments Within Them Sit that begins with:
The increase of fear,
Has those whispering in each other's ears....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabacXa adXbXee ADABAEB ADABAEBXAAcDD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,13,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 00101 1110001101 101010111001 1011001010101 101001101 111111001 10010010011010 011 0100100110 00100101101 101011010101001 0100100010010 110010011010111 110010111101 010011010 110000101 010011010 0100101 010011010 101000 0111 010011010 110000101 010011010 0100101 010011010 101000 0111 010011010 010011010 1 11000101 11000101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 240
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, from are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, resulting, these are repeated.
The author used the same words the, resulting at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines creations, sit are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word mend at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of These Sentiments Within Them Sit;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Medically Numbed
- Analysis of Often I Hear This Comment Made
- Analysis of Holding On With Wishes To Experience This