This is an analysis of the poem The Return that begins with:
Pawns of a nonexistence.
Blissed by myths......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xab cbd XXbdXXece XX XXca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,9,2,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001000 1011 11001010 0111 10010 10101010 10101001 01 11010001001 0111010110100 0100101001 11101 110101010 010011 011010 10110 1100 1 10 1001 1101111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 102
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Return;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Is Everyone Ready For The Cuts?
- Analysis of This Has Been Your Convenience
- Analysis of Sweat And Work Are Involved