This is an analysis of the poem The Main Objective that begins with:
With just a bit of rest,
And out of breath to catch it......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcX XddcX eafXe BacffBacX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010101 1101010 01010101 100101 010 0101010101 1 10111111 01 01010010 0110101101 111111010 1 10111110101 110110010011 10111001101 10101101 0 101101010 1 10111001101 1 01 01010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 154
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i are repeated.
The author used the same word with at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Main Objective;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Revolving Door
- Analysis of In Time Everyone Forgets
- Analysis of Care. With It Done To Do