This is an analysis of the poem The Losers that begins with:
The losers choose,
To stay and remain confused....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabbbaXaacaddceXXXae XX cX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101 0110101 011001 10111 100001 0010001 10100010 0110011 01101 01 111 001101 001011101 0100011100 1 1011010 01001011 01011 1111101 1111110110 1010111 110110111 101101 011001011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 224
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Losers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.