This is an analysis of the poem The Knowing That Is that begins with:
The best thing about the knowing,
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabXcXccdb XddbbcXXXXX dX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,11,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101010 010 0 01011 11111 01101 00100101111 111 001000010101 01101 110 1010100010 0010000100 01101001010101 0 01 10000010 1110100101 1101 10110101010 11011101001 010011110 11101011100101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 215
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Knowing That Is;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.