This is an analysis of the poem The Hopeless Romantic that begins with:
The hopeless romantic,
Refuses to see with clarity......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCD eXffggfhXXa ABCDhegeggXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,11,12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010010 010010100 0010001001 0100010 001001 110110101 10110 110110100101 0101001 10101010101001 01010101 010101010 001100001001 1010110 101010101101 010010 010010100 0010001001 0100010 01101010010 1110101 10100101 101101 1010010101 1010101110 011101101 010010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 293
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Hopeless Romantic;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Explorations Of A Boredom
- Analysis of As If Overnight
- Analysis of Practitioners Of Standards Valued