This is an analysis of the poem The Freedom We Sought that begins with:
Overcoming the act of undermining others...
Without knowing the facts or scratching below, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXccXcXdXeabfXgcag X acedXX XefdX hcahbef XfgffcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,1,6,5,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1010010101010 01100111001 01100001011 101001 0010010000 1010101101001 100100001 1001101 001100100010 010011111001 0010100100 110100111 101100101 10010111011 1010010 0101010100100 0000110100001 100110100100100 0101010100 111000 11 1 0100 0010 0100101100 1010 1110 1101001 101110 101111 011001 1 10101011 111101 111010101 11 1010110 001011110001 10 1011100101 00100010 1101100101010 01000010 11101011111 11001001111100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 239
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Freedom We Sought;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.