This is an analysis of the poem The Business Of Sickness that begins with:
The business of sickness that sits,
Twisting some to pieces......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abacdaec eedXcbXaeacd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001011 101010 01011 0011111 01001 010101 110101 1011101 110011 11111101 110100 001101 110111011 001011101 10010 110001001 0001011010 1110101001 111101011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 200
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Business Of Sickness;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Conditioned By A Private Mission
- Analysis of Behind Closed Blinds
- Analysis of Missed Right Here