This is an analysis of the poem Take What Has Been Given that begins with:
I am just here to deliver!
I could care less, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcXacXcdecdbbXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 17,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110010 1111 101000100 10101010 00111 1101000010 1111001101010 1001011 101 11 001011 111111010 10101100 11101001101 11011010001 11111 100111100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 514
- Average number of words per stanza: 93
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Take What Has Been Given;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of I Can See The Evidence Of That
- Analysis of Common Denominator
- Analysis of Is There A Legal Ground