This is an analysis of the poem Take The Corn that begins with:
Take the corn.
Even with eyes closed, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCDefaggacae AeeafeX AaeXXcXXABCDegc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,7,15,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101 10011 110100 1001001 11010001 101001001100 0001011010 10101010010 00100010 11110 10111010 1010110010 100100001001 101 10011011110 010101001 111011111010 1111100 010010101010 001000100010110 101 111001101 10011111110 110101101 1010 11001000100 1100110100 101 10011 110100 1001001 10111101101 111110010 0100100010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 284
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word what is repeated.
The author used the same word take at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Take The Corn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.