This is an analysis of the poem Sustained And Embraced As If Tradition that begins with:
Who am I to call the mindless pitiful?
Or refer to their lack of sense, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXaXa cdecXee bbXed ffefeeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,7,5,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101010100 10101101 11001000 101 1101010 111110011 110000111011 0101111101001 11011 01010001010 100101010 1101010 01010010 1001010011010 1101001011 001010011001 11101101001001 001000001011101 1001010 101100 01010101011 0110110010 1111 10100000101010 01100100101001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 232
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their, as are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sustained And Embraced As If Tradition;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.