This is an analysis of the poem Success Is Theirs that begins with:
Some people refuse to be instructed.
Or accept critique as a useful possibility....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbc badXXdc aXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,7,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1100100010 10101101010100 10111110 0111011000101 10111101 01101011010 11010110101 01000010 11001010 1100011111 010101 1 0101001000 11101111 1111001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 171
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Success Is Theirs;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Smothered Crooks In Hot Gravy
- Analysis of With Expectation Of Acceptance
- Analysis of The Most Amazing Of All Times