This is an analysis of the poem Substance Abuse that begins with:
I remember those days,
That seem not too long ago......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdeXe dXaXcabfcf degfafgfXgX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,10,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011 1111101 01011 1101 11001 01010 00010010 111101 01011010 0101010010 1001110100 110010 100101101001 01 01010100010 00100110 010 101 010110010 1001000100 110101000001 11101111001 01001010011010 0001001 1110101010 1101 00101011 110100001001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 292
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Substance Abuse;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.